Vacancy: JLM Director/Political Organiser
The Jewish Labour Movement is looking to recruit a Movement Director / Political Organiser.
This role will be the first paid staff member that JLM has employed for well over a decade and is a unique opportunity for a politically engaged and motivated individual to play a role a in shaping a rejuvenated Party affiliate, active across a range of issues at the heart of the Labour Party and the wider Labour Movement.
The post holder will be responsible for advising, supporting and implementing the programme of the JLM National Executive Committee. They will report to the National Chair and work closely with the Parliamentary Chair, Vice-Chairs and Treasurer of the Movement.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent organisational skills
- the ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders
- the ability to successfully plan and execute projects
- strong political antennae
- the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- knowledge of the policies and structures of the Labour Party
- knowledge of the UK, European and international Jewish community
- experience of organising and or campaigning in a political context
- experience of supporting or leading fundraising campaigns
They will be likely to have a strong affinity to the values and objectives of the Jewish Labour Movement.
JLM is an equal opportunities employer and happy to consider candidates who would like to discuss possibilities for part-time or flexible working.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role as outlined above to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29 June 2016